Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Just Juice


Just Juice is located in Downtown Vancouver and offers cold pressed juice. The cold pressed juicing process is better than using "generic" juicers because there is no heat produced during the juicing process. Furthermore, cold press juicers can extract more liquid from the fruit/vegetable and the consistency is a touch thicker because there is more pulp. Some of my friends hate pulp and have to use a strainer after, but I personally love it.

Just Juice offers a variety of drinks, from classic juices to smoothies and health shots. The juice shop also offers a few healthy snacks such as trail mix, banana bread and chia pudding.


CLEANSER, SMALL "Cucumber, Pineapple, Lemon, Aloe Vera, Coconut Water and Chia Seeds" ($7.00).
On my first visit, I went for the Cleanser. The juice tastes, watery, sour and very acidic. This is a drink that would make people "cringe" and assume all healthy juices are off putting. Personally, I do not mind. I mean, what do you expect right? I was disappointed when I saw the cashier measure a shot of yellow liquid for the juice though, rather than juicing to order.

THINK BIGGER, "Banana, avocado, orange, pineapple, kale, spinach and ginger" ($9.00).
On my second visit, I chose the Thick Bigger smoothie. Just Juice offers only one size for smoothies, which is a large. The smoothie tastes very creamy, rich and smooth, and the flavour from the ginger is really strong which I enjoy. The owner was here on the second visit and he was very friendly as well as engaging.

THINK AGAIN, "Banana, avocado, pineapple, kale, spinach, coconut water and mint" ($9.00).
On my last visit, I really wanted to order the Think Bigger smoothie again but felt obligated to try a different one and went for Think Again. The only differences between Think Bigger and Think Again is that the latter has coconut water as well as mint, instead of ginger. Think Again has a refreshing mint flavour which does not overwhelm, and I can taste the flavours from the pineapple, coconut and banana. However, I still prefer Think Bigger more because the smoothie is noticeably creamier. I also like how the owner topped off my Think Bigger smoothie too, which probably equaled to at least four extra sips.

Just Juice is the only juice shop that I know of in the area and the shop opens very early. However, I am not a big fan because the products are not pressed to order. The shop juices the products in advance, measures the amount to order, and makes the drink. I personally like to see my fruit/vegetables pressed to order especially considering the higher prices, which is why I chose to have smoothies on my last two visits instead. Even Jugo Juice presses their fruit to order (the actual juice, not the juice used for their smoothies).

POSITIVES
- Friendly owner
- Cold pressed juice
- Large variety of choices

NEGATIVES
- Prices are on the higher side
- Products are not juiced to order (which some may not mind)

Just Juice on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...