Saturday, December 28, 2013

Meat & Bread : Cambie Location


Only a piggy needs to grab something to munch on before dinner, and rather than going for the usual boxES of chocolates I have everywhere, or grabbing a Magnum ice-cream from a gas station, or even worse, McDonalds like usual, I made a visit to Meat & Bread. I actually had dinner at Tropika's Lansdowne location and it would have made more sense going to Tropika's Robson location, considering the area I was already in but it was an unplanned dinner. Walking in on a late Friday afternoon around 4:45pm, the sandwich shop was pretty empty. 



DAILY SPECIAL - ROAST CHICKEN, MARINARA SAUCE, SOPRESSATA, AIOLI AND SPRING MIX GREENS ($9.00). The ciabatta is nicely toasted and has a slight crispy exterior. The shredded chicken tastes moist, warm and quite tasty. I did not really taste the salami but meh, I do not really care for salami anyways. For the marinara sauce, the taste is very subtle and light which does not matter to me as well since I was just hungry. If I had to make a comparison, I tasted more aioli than marinara.

POSITIVES
- Average sandwich

NEGATIVES
- Staff is not so friendly, I felt kind of like an intruder

LITTLE THINGS
- Quick bite if you're in the area or work near by
- Would I line up for it? No but I would try the porchetta since it seems to be popular, and other sandwiches if I was in the area. I would probably go to the West Pender location before coming back here though

Food: 2.5/5
Service: 2.5/5

Meat & Bread on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...