Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Denny's : Burquitlam location


Denny's in Burquitlam newly renovated and I am not sure why, the restaurant never looked run down at all. Although it is a possibility since I only come here for late night dinners, I have never noticed the interior. I doubt it though, I think it was fine before. The walls and ceiling are newly painted and the booth seatings have completely changed. I guess the tables, carpet and whatnot has changed as well, but I do not remember what they looked like before. Anyways, I was looking forward to visiting Denny's after trying the egg bennies at White Spot, blech.


HOT CHICKEN WINGS ($10.99). 
The wings are not available on the new menu (yet?) but customers can still ask for them. The sauce tastes medium spicy, has no vinegar taste and tastes average. Also, the wings are a wee bit too soggy but not dry, or juicy.

PRIME RIB, TWO POACHED EGGS, TENDER STRIPS OF PRIME RIB, OUR OWN FAJITA BLEND OF PEPPERS AND ONIONS, ON A TOASTED ENGLISH MUFFIN AND COVERED WITH DENNY'S CREAMY, BUTTERY HORSERADISH HOLLANDAISE SAUCE, SERVED WITH RED SKINNED POTATOES ($10.59). 

The poached eggs are perfectly soft and have a runny yolk, along with hard crusting. I prepared myself for the first bite and expected crappy tasting sauce since it is a chain restaurant. Plus, I am still traumatized from White Spot's hollandaise sauce. Luckily though, the hollandaise sauce tastes light, creamy and tasty. However, the sauce does lack the slightest hint of horseradish. As for the english muffin, it is lightly toasted with a slight crispiness, neither soggy nor hard. Following, the pieces of prime rib tastes tender and the potatoes have a slight crispy exterior (perfectly cooked).

PRIME RIB AND CHICKEN SIZZLIN' SKILLET, TENDER PRIME RIB AND JUICY GRILLED SEASONED CHICKEN BREAST SIZZLE WITH FIRE-ROASTED PEPPERS, RED ONIONS, HASH BROWNS LOADED WITH DICED BACON AND MELTED CHEDDAR CHEESE, SERVED WITH TORTILLAS, FRESHLY MADE PICO DEGALLO AND SOUR CREAM ($13.89). 
The skillet is pretty much a safe order at Denny's and I usually take the tortillas home to make something better with them LOL. However, BF can be an oddball (even though it is usually me) and asked for toast instead of tortillas. That is not the weird part. The weird part is, he tried making a sandwich (by the way, he does not like salsa, bread or sandwiches). That is not just the weird part. The main weird part is, he tried making a sandwich with one pre-sliced half piece of toast and it looked weird, like what are you trying to do? He took one slice of chicken, pepper and a smear of salsa, and tried to fold it in half. I do not think I am making sense but it just looked fob and not delicious.

Eating the toast and skillet separately would have been better. Oh yeah! It comes with pico degallo and ohhh mann, I wish I took a photo because it was actually fresh unlike White Spot's unappealing avocado salsa which was all brown. Anyways, the hash browns are crisp, the chicken is a wee bit juicy and not dry, and the prime rib tastes tender. The only possible complaints for a picky person (none of us this time) would be that the skillet is too oily and the meats are not flavourful. I prefer bland food so no biggie. I also noticed that the pieces of prime rib are cut extremely perfect. I swear they are pre-sliced, marinated and packaged but not like it matters, just saying.

POSITIVES
- Breakfast is a lot better than White Spot's
- Service is attentive

  1. Do the one time check up
  2. Disappear
  3. Give customers a refill before they ask
  4. Done
- Open 24 hours

NEGATIVES
- Ehhh... I like the way that the waitstaff is trained but they disappear after (most people seem to pay at the counter though so it may not be an issue?)

LITTLE THINGS
- For a newly renovated restaurant.. the seats and tables could have been wiped and not greasy
- I like the heartland or meat lovers scramble

Food: 2.5/5
Service: 2.5/5

Denny's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...