Thursday, September 26, 2013

Tom & Jerry's Restaurant

RESTAURANT IS NOW CLOSED

Tom & Jerry's is a restaurant I have always wanted to go to! I like that kids eat free, the dishes are under $10.99 and the fact that it is called Tom & Jerry's, I have to go. The only problem has been finding someone to come with me. BF finally caved and confirmed ten times if my choice was final. YES. The restaurant has comfortable booth seating arrangements and I am always a sucker for them.


BOSTON CLAM CHOWDER, LOTS OF TENDER CLAMS AND SWEET CORN IN A HEAVY CREAM BROTH, BOWL ($5.99).
The chowder has a good amount of clams, diced carrot and celery, corn, potato and basil leaves. In addition, the chowder has a nice light seafood and potato flavour, but could have been creamier (although it is good enough). Asides from the chowder, I was pleased with our waitress because she suggested to share the chowder in case we did not like it. However, what surprised me is when she brought the extra bowls, mine had a tiny chip and she offered to exchange it. What is this? A fine dining restaurant? No wait, I have been to fine dining restaurants with chipped plates before (oh god, I even accidentally cut myself once and the server took fifteen minutes to find a bandaid). Although of course I did not let her grab me a new bowl because there was no need and I was happy enough with her offering.

CHICKEN WINGS, 1LB OF CRISPY WINGS SMOTHERED WITH HOT SAUCE ($8.99). 
The chicken wings are previously frozen and a bit small. As for the taste, the wings are neither moist nor dry, and have a medium level of spiciness. Furthermore, the hot sauce is a Southern spicy buffalo sauce with a hint of vinegar, which we enjoyed.

BABY BACK RIBS, 1/2 RACK SEASONED BABY BACK RIBS WITH BBQ SAUCE ($9.99). 
The vegetables are perfectly cooked and taste delicious; sauteed in butter along with a light pepper seasoning. As for the entree, the ribs taste better than it looks. The ribs taste tender and of course parboiled, lack that nice barbecue flavour. However, there is a natural beefy flavour that I liked. Furthermore, I am not a fan of most barbecue sauces and appreciate how the ribs are not smothered with sauce. As for the flavour of the barbecue sauce, it is a bit heavy and not that great. But, once the meat is shredded, the sauce does not taste overwhelming.

GRILLED PORK CHOP, TENDER LEAN PORK CHOP TOPPED WITH GRILLED ONIONS, BEEF GRAVY AND A SIDE OF APPLE SAUCE ($9.99).
The mashed potato is fresh and consists of actual real potatoes, rather than powder or prepackaged. However, the potatoes taste stiff. As for the gravy, there is a light beefy flavour along with a nice consistency, and does not taste salty. Moving to the highlight of the entree which should be the pork chop, unfortunately the meat tastes dry, hard to cut and not tender. However, the piece of pork chop is thick and a good size… LOL.

Coloring? Yes please! After finishing, I realized I should have checked what colors the Pokemon are, but I think I did a pretttty good job.
POSITIVES
- Passable and decent eats
- Carefully made dishes and not a fast quick slop on the plate
- Friendly, positive and very attentive waitress
- Everything is under $10.99
- Open 24 hours

NEGATIVES
- Food could be better (although cannot really complain coming to a restaurant like this)

LITTLE THINGS
- Probably an overall decent experience because of our friendly waitress
- I prefer here over Knight and Day and would revisit

Food: 2.5/5
Service: 5/5

Tom & Jerry's Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...