Friday, September 6, 2013

Bing Sheng Restaurant 炳勝風味大酒家


My boyfriend has wanted to try this restaurant for a while and I have been hesitant because the outside never really stood out or interested me.


Ohmygoshhh the restaurants interior is pretty nice though!! I like the seafood tank and bricks,


as well as the chairs. The restaurant is very clean and I even like the drapes.


THE FISH MAW WITH CRAB AND DRY SCALLOP THICK SOUP, COMPLIMENTARY DISH, CRAB MEAT WITH FISH MAW FRIED WITH EGG, BRAISED SEA CUCUMBER, STEAMED TILAPIA WITH EGG, CREAM AND BUTTER SAUCE CRAB, AND RED BEAN SOUP.


To start, a COMPLIMENTARY DISH OF GREEN PEPPER, CUCUMBER, CARROTS AND SEAWEED, tossed in a light salty sesame oil with spices.


The first dish is the FISH MAW WITH DRY SCALLOP THICK SOUP ($17.80). The quality of the fish maw is better than most restaurants, with the texture being soft and not chewy. The broth has a nice settled dry scallop taste. If anything, I think the soup would have looked better in a smaller bowl so it does not look half empty after one bowl each.


The second dish is the 2 3/4lb CREAM AND BUTTER SAUCE CRAB ($13.95/lb) + YEE MEIN NOODLES ($?). The cream and butter sauce is northern style which means it tastes very light... but to me, it tastes really bland and like nothing (plus, northern style restaurants have made a lot better cream and butter sauce).


For the yee mein noodles, they were not drained properly and the water mixed with the sauce which watered down the sauce even more.


The third dish is the CRAB MEAT WITH FISH MAW FRIED WITH EGG ($17.80). The dish is not oily or salty and tastes healthy. I think this is the first time I have ever seen this dish? I like how it is simple and light.


The fourth dish is the BRAISED WHOLE SEA CUCUMBER WITH DRY SCALLOP ($26.80). The typical abalone sauce taste is there as well as a few slices of abalone. The sea cucumber is what it is and the texture is like jello. Under the sea cucumber are pea tip vegetables.


The last dish is the STEAMED TILAPIA WITH EGG ($19.80). I was really interested in this because I have never seen it anywhere before. The egg has a proper texture and is smooth like tofu, but the egg seemed to absorb and hold the fishy taste which was not that great. 


For dessert, COMPLIMENTARY RED BEAN SOUP. The red bean soup is very well made and you can taste the rock sugar and mandarin peels.

The menu is a bit limited but Bing Sheng does have a few unique dishes I have never seen before. The service is pretty attentive and friendly (we were the only table there), but I prefer the dishes across the street at Fortune City.

Food: 2.5/5
Service: 3/5

Bing Sheng Restaurant 炳勝風味大酒家 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...