Sunday, June 23, 2013

Tropika at Robson 星馬印

REVIST POST ON TROPIKA ON ROBSON [HERE] AND POST ON TROPIKA AT LANSDOWNE [HERE]


This is my first time coming to Tropika's Robson location and the service was amazing, the food was amazing, and everything was perfect. We came a month ago on a Thursday evening around 8:45-9:00pm? I think the restaurant was closing at 10:00pm and I felt bad because every waiter was very attentive. We were seated by the window and the tables there are smaller. After when we ordered, the waiter asked if we wanted to move to a bigger table. Me being girly of course, wanted to sit by the window and the waiter actually moved a bigger table towards us. The restaurant was pretty much dead and super romantic without intentionally, it was as if BF booked the whole restaurant for our dinner LOL.


Tropika is located on the second floor and the interior looks pretty nice, I like everything - the tables, chairs and jade coloured plates (Aberdeen location looks mehhh..).


LOBSTER TUNG YAM KUNG, ROTI CANAI, PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE, BARBECUE PORK RIBS, SATAYS, MALACCAN CURRY CRAB AND SAYUR KARI.



LOBSTER TUNG YAM KUNG (MARKET PRICE). The soup tastes amazing, flavourful, rich and slightly hot and sour. This is my second time trying tung yam kung at Tropika and the first time was at the Aberdeen location - I thought it was the worst soup ever and remember thinking BF was delusional for ordering it. I definitely recommend this soup, it is a must try.


ROTI CANAI, MALAYSIAN BREAD ($2.95) AND CHICKEN, LAMB AND BEEF SATAYS ($1.30/EACH). The roti tastes perfectly soft with flaky layers and has a nice crispy exterior. The accompanying sauce tastes very strong and flavourful without tasting too oily despite the oil base. Continuing to the satays, all the satays are tasteful, juicy and not dry tasting at all. I love the sauce as well because it is on the chunkier side with peanuts and tastes very flavourful.


3 1/2LB MALACCAN CURRY CRAB (MARKET PRICE). This dish is perfect. I love the curry. I love the crab. The tofu puffs are yummy. I love it. The curry tastes very flavourful and rich, I definitely recommend this. The malaccan curry tastes drool worthy.



INDONESIAN STYLE BARBECUE PORK RIBS ($13.95). This is the only dish I took a bite of and left. The pork ribs taste really hard, dry and tough as well as chewy. I still had a big smile on my face though since everything else tasted delicious.


SAYUR KARI, VEGETABLE CURRY ($12.95). I am not a fan of vegetable curry since I rather have a protein curry but BF says it tastes average, quote "not bad, just average, whatever."


PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE WITH HAM AND CHICKEN ($14.95). The pineapple fried rice has a nice golden yellow colour and the ingredients taste properly fused together. The fried rice has a good amount of ham, chicken and bite size pieces of pineapple. The rice tastes delicious and has a flavourful pineapple taste. BF was upset that the shredded pork was forgotten but meh, everything tasted so good and I told him not to bother asking for it.

POSITIVES
- Above average eats
- Staff was attentive (to the point that I felt guilty) and did not rush us

NEGATIVES
- Indonesian style ribs.. not so good

LITTLE THINGS
- Yeah, this restaurant is one of my favourites now
- I will definitely be back for the lobster tung yam kung, roti, satays, malaccan curry crab and pineapple fried rice
- I really recommend Tropika on Robson if you have tried the Aberdeen location before. I promise this location is definitely 10x better than the Aberdeen location, food and service wise
- Revisit post on Tropika at Robson [here]
- Post on Tropika at Lansdowne [here]

Food: 4/5 (5/5 if we did not order the ribs)
Service: 5/5

Tropika at Robson 星馬印 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...