Sunday, June 30, 2013

Cafe Pacifica at the Pan Pacific Hotel

MY REVIST [HERE]


ADULT $49.00 SENIOR $44.00 CHILDREN (6-12) $24.50
METER PARKING $2.00/24 minutes

I originally wanted to go to Herons (Fairmont Waterfront) for brunch, but at the last minute my boyfriend and I decided to walk past to Pan Pacific. It is our second time here and I noticed the selection of food was better than the first time, but the service was horrible. The first time we came our server was perfect, 5/5. Today, our server Tracy did not even say one word to us. I noticed another server (Habib) who was perfect, attending to all his customers and asking if they enjoyed themselves after every plate (like our server the first time). Our server neglected us and we were left with dirty plates and cups at our table. We had to look for her to get our bill and look for her again to get change. Habib was nice enough to clear our plates when he noticed they were in our way.

OUR FIRST PLATES


On the left, MY PLATE CONSISTING OF FRUIT, GRILLED EGGPLANT AND ZUCCHINI SLICES, ASPARAGUS, SMOKED SALMON, CAPERS, PRAWNS AND CHICKENThe honeydew is ripe but the cantaloupe has some pieces that are overripe/went bad and the watermelon is very ripe and delicious. The grilled eggplant and zucchini has a light grilled taste and is not saucy. The asparagus is good as well. I also like the crab pieces because they are not salty. The only time I had ridiculously natural salty crab was at River Rock. The best crab pieces I ever had at brunch would be the Hilton for Mothers Day because they were naturally so sweet. The smoked salmon and capers are good (what can go wrong?). The prawns tastes very fresh and are a lot better than Top of Vancouvers'. The cold cut chicken breasts are moist and not dry at all. On the right, HIS PLATE.

OUR SECOND PLATES


MY PLATE CONSISTING OF COD, SALMON, LAMB AND PRIME RIB. The cod is not dry or chewy which I expected, but is not necessarily moist either. The salmon is a bit overcooked which is inevitable at brunches sometimes, I guess. For the lamb, it is very chewy and even with a strong flavourful sauce, it is still hard to eat. The prime rib surprisingly is pretty good, tender and melts in your mouth. I forgot to take a photo of his plate and he had more items than me.

OUR THIRD PLATES


MY THIRD PLATE CONSISTING OF SMOKED SALMON, CAPERS, PRAWN, COLD CUT CHICKEN BREAST, ASPARAGUS, WATERMELON, CRAB PIECES AND GRILLED EGGPLANTS, again. On the right, HIS PLATE.

FOR DESSERT


MY DESSERT IS THE CREME CARAMEL AND CHEESECAKE. The creme caramel is vey smooth, not to sweet and pretty damn good. My cheesecake fell apart but it still tastes good, like any other regular plain typical cheesecake. Pan Pacific has a lot of mousse cakes available, but I am not a fan of them. On the right, HIS DESSERT IS THE CHOCOLATE MOUUSE. He says it is very rich and chocolatey.


It is so weird because every time I am here, there is always dirty cutlery and it is pretty obvious too.


I think Pan Pacifics' brunch tastes more fresh than Top of Vancouver, but TOV always has impeccable service. The Hiltons' brunch is cheaper by $20.00, the food is not more fresh but the service is a lot better. The only downside to the Hilton is that their brunch lacks in selection which can be justified by the cheaper price, but for special occasions they have more/better options. Anyways, I do not think it is worth coming back just because I only eat fruit and smoked salmon, plus I much rather eat elsewhere and get if not perfect than good enough service for me (IE Griffins at the Fairmont has fresher food and almost perfect service).

Here is a photo frame from the first time I came. I forgot to mention Pan Pacific has a live pianist which is nice. I only ate 2 plates the first time because I felt like the selection was so limited and only kept eating fruit.


Food: 3/5
Service: 0/5 (we did not receive any today)

Café Pacifica on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...